Know how many recruitment companies have been started in the last year?
A shit ton.
That’s the official number from Companies House. Mad, isn’t it?
You wouldn’t think it possible in the middle of a pandemic. And yet here we are, watching Amazon shares soar as HUGE INSPIRATIONAL VINYL WORDS get shipped to WeWorks all over the world.
In the past I’ve given you a solid process for naming a recruitment company. But today I’d like to explore some of the reasons you might decide to do it.
So here’s a helpful list.
Here are the top 40 reasons to start your own recruitment business…
2. You hate other people
3. You’re a bit too comfortable with a salary
4. You’re sick of being micromanaged
5. You want to micromanage others
7. There’s a massive chip on your shoulder
8. Your inheritance was chunkier than expected
9. You’ve put so many fake deals through it’s a matter of time before you’re collared
10. You’ve been skimming off the top for the past 5 years and this is just the natural progression
11. You’re the only one who BDs
12. You’d prefer working longer hours
13. People on LinkedIn are questioning the word ‘Entrepreneur’ in your job title
15. You’ve vowed to destroy the very thing you swore to protect
16. A petty disagreement that’s gone too far
17. You’ve been made redundant
18. No one else will hire you
19. You’ve never billed over 100k
20. You regularly bill over £500k
21. Your boss is the worst person you’ve ever met
22. You’ve inexplicably slept with your boss and now it’s gone South
23. Your boss wants to sleep with you, but you’re not that keen
24. The concept of colleagues makes you cry
25. You’re a Spurs fan and can’t take the abuse any more
26. You’ve got no colleagues left to stab in the back
27. You’re being forced back into an office
28. Your boss has somehow become even more of a tool over lockdown
29. You know the chances of them enforcing a non-compete are minimal
30. You’ve found your Manager’s TikTok profile and now need an eye bath
31. The office dog stinks
32. You’ve gorged your way through lockdown and it’s either this or buy a new wardrobe
33. Your idea of Management is limited to the phrase ‘What we got on today folks?’
34. You’re totally out of other ideas for making money
35. You want to finally put your CIPD in Recruitment to great use
36. You’re sick of not being promoted despite steady £3k monthly billings
37. Your partner won’t listen to you and you’re hoping some Trainees might if you pay them
38. You love using the word ‘disrupt’ without any hint of irony
39. You want to service your clients in a bespoke manner and your current company’s simply not bespoke enough
40. You believe you’ve got the best morning routine out there and just need a good reason to share it online
Of course these aren’t the only reasons to start your own recruitment business.
You might have an unrivalled work ethic, a will to change the game or just a desire to sack your boss off for good.
Whatever the reason, there’s never been a better time.
Technology Recruitment Consultant at Charterhouse Australia
Senior Recruitment Consultant - Oil & Gas at NES Fircroft - Middle East
Global Headhunter & Account Manager at Emerald Technology
Consultant - Change into Property & Construction at Deltra Group
Senior Consultant @ Frazer Jones - Reward Desk at The SR Group
Global Business Development Executive at Projectus